Did you know that according to a May 2012 study on the Best Places to buy a home that Dallas, Texas was in the top 10 cities listed? Did you also know that homes in Dallas, Texas were recommended for their affordability due to their having a median value of $65 per square foot, versus a nationwide average of $92? In fact, Dallas, Texas homes are priced 5% below the national average, making Dallas, Texas a great choice for purchasing a home. Real estate analysts believe this improvement in the Dallas, Texas home market is a result of continued job growth and a shift in attitudes towards Dallas, Texas real estate.
Of course, this improvement in the Dallas, Texas home market does not mean, necessarily, that merely placing your Dallas home on the market will result in a sale. Buyers have learned to pay close attention to homes they are considering purchasing. So, with that in mind, the astute Dallas home owner will take steps to improve their home’s resale value. But what actions are best? That often depends on your Dallas, Texas home, but there are some common ones to consider if you want to appeal to the eco-friendly buyer.
Going Green to Sell Your Home in Dallas, Texas
Nearly everywhere you go, chances are you see something about “Going Green.” So here are some easy eco-friendly changes you can make to your home in Dallas that will boost the resale value.
- Perform an energy audit by viewing your daily living routines- note where changes should be made and take the steps to make them. Your power company is happy to help and has many free online resources to help you review energy uses in your Dallas homes.
- Add caulking and weather stripping around windows and doors.>/li>
- Install a programmable thermostat. These will pay for themselves in just a year (sometimes less). So even if your home doesn’t sell immediately, you will benefit in lower energy costs.
- Don’t forget the insulation! This simple action is one of the best things you can do to make your Dallas, Texas home more eco-friendly.
Large-scale Going Green with Your Home in Dallas, Texas
Of course, there are many ways to make your Dallas, Texas home eco-friendly, and some of them can be a bigger investment than others. However, keep in mind that going green on a large scale will add even more to your home’s resale value. Here are a few big changes to consider.
- Converting to solar or wind power
- Upgrading the AC unit to a newer model that requires less energy
- Installing windows that are designed to be energy efficient
- One of the newer actions you can take to lower energy costs is to install radiant heat barriers, which regulate how heat is transferred in your home.
- Perhaps, one of the most costly, but certainly one yielding the biggest real estate resale value is getting a new roof. This will not only add aesthetic appeal but also lower energy costs.
These eco-friendly upgrades may seem unnecessary, but can make a big difference in selling your home in Dallas. Take some time to determine what changes you can make to boost your home’s resale value.
At The Neel Group, we assist our clients in finding the exact Dallas home they are searching for. We can help you find the very best Dallas Real Estate in Texas for your family.